One autopsy report describes organs that had been removed years before. Another adds 20 centimeters (nearly 8 inches) to a short man, making no mention of bones disfigured by childhood polio. One family doubts whether an autopsy was performed at all.
People walk by the grave of Przemyslaw Gosiewski, a Polish lawmaker who was killed in Russia in 2010 along with President Lech...
A quarter of reports on autopsies requested by UK coroners are poor or unacceptable, concludes an audit of coroners’ autopsy practice. The audit report calls for national criteria and standards to improve the quality of autopsies.
The report reviewed coroners’ autopsies from one week in May 2005 in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, and the Isle of Man....
Written by Dr. Dinesh Rao
Body of evidence: A radical new approach to forensic pathology
Virtual cadavers, needle-wielding robots – and not a scalpel in sight. Laura Spinney meets the research team behind the 'virtopsy', a radical new approach to forensic pathology
Monday, 31 May 2010
Piecing together a shattered skull could take days. But with virtopsy it can be...
1. True blood: What the forensic pathologist saw - Science, News
2. UW pathologist offers criticism of Rock County Coroner
3. Forensic pathologists shortage means long wait for answers » Times ...
4. County archives bring back fascinating history of lives and times not forgotten
5. American Academy of Forensic Sciences
National Association of Medical Examiners
1. Herbal Medicines Can Be Lethal, Pathologist Warns
2. New Explanation for Cardiac Arrest
3. Hillsborough medical examiners love a mystery
: This article describes the best part of the job.
4.Who The Hell Steals Body Bags from The Coroner's Office?
Autopsy report released on whale attack Orlando, FL: Death caused by blunt force injuries and drowning.
Oklahoma ex-medical examiner targeted Oklahoma: The demonization of Dr. Trent.